Do you have a friend or family member who is pregnant during this challenging time? With expectant mothers and infants considered to be at-risk, the already daunting prospect of motherhood can become downright overwhelming. Read on for some resources and tips from Covered With Love that can help you provide them with the support and love they need.
Pregnancy and Delivery
What are the best options for a safe delivery right now? Here’s what you need to know:
- There’s been a boost in interest in home births since the pandemic started.
- If your loved one is interested in home birth, help her do some research to learn if one may fit with her birth plan.
- Help give her peace of mind by providing her with information about what to expect with a hospital delivery.
Protecting the Newborn
The drive to protect a newborn is innate, but knowing what that entails during a pandemic isn’t always easy to determine. These resources help.
- Welcoming a new bundle of joy during the pandemic looks different than it did in years past, so offering her resources on what to expect will bring her comfort.
- Women who will be breastfeeding likely have safety questions, but there are supportive articles on the topic.
- While wearing masks is a great safety step for adults and most small children, babies shouldn’t wear them.
Celebrating the Occasion
Now is an especially lonely and worrisome time for many soon-to-be moms. Why not go the extra mile in making her feel special?
- Even if you can’t throw a big bash for mommy- and daddy-to-be, you can still throw a memorable (and safe) socially distant baby shower.
- Likewise, introducing little ones to the world comes with restrictions, but there are many beautiful ways to announce a bundle of joy that you can lend a hand with.
- Help the new mom in your life accentuate her natural beauty by gifting her with a comfortable maternity and nursing nightgown.
- Give new parents a gift that keeps on giving with a subscription box.
- You can also take grocery shopping off new mommy’s and daddy’s to-do list with a Costco membership gift.
Expecting an infant is a blessing, but a certain amount of trepidation comes with it—especially during a pandemic. Make sure you find meaningful ways to support the moms-to-be in your life.
Covered With Love is dedicated to providing needy families with diapers, wipes, and baby hygiene products.